Dermal fillers remain top of the list for aesthetic treatments. This is because of the versatility of dermal fillers, providing an effective solution to a wide range of issues associated with the ageing process. Recently, there has been a rise in popularity of lower face fillers. But why is this?
Dermal fillers in the lower face
Using dermal fillers in the lower facial areas has become very popular. These are injections of hyaluronic acid into the chin tissue, or along the jawline, to add volume and hydration, and to restructure the facial tissue in this area. Hyaluronic acid is a substance that is found throughout the human body, particularly in skin tissue, where it is known for its water retention qualities, providing skin cells with the hydration and nutrition they need to stay healthy. Unfortunately, as part of the natural ageing process, the natural production of hyaluronic acid reduces, and this reduction can cause facial tissue to sag, hollow areas to develop, as well as contributing to the development of fine lines and wrinkles.
Lower facial areas to target with dermal fillers
When choosing dermal fillers for lower facial areas there are several areas that can be targeted effectively, including:
- The chin
- The jawline
The versatility of chin fillers
Chin filler can be applied in different ways to increase the volume and reshape and restructure the chin. And there are a range of different results that can be created with this chin filler application, including:
- Creating a slimmer facial structure- chin filler positioned effectively can be used to narrow the structure of the lower half of the face, altering the shape of the face overall. This is important for the highly sculpted look which is currently popular, involving a more defined cupid’s bow, sharper cheekbones and a sturdy jawline.
- Creating a wider jawline- as well as a narrowing effect, dermal fillers for the chin can also create a wider jawline for improving facial balance, or for a more defined jaw, or a more masculine jawline.
- Resolving chin asymmetry- for chin dimples, scars or just general asymmetry, chin fillers can be used very effectively to resolve this.
The versatility of jawline fillers
Jawline fillers are also very versatile and can be used for multiple purposes including:
- Improving the facial structure- by using jawline fillers, any sagging skin that is drooping around the jawline can be tightened and lifted for an improved facial profile and a more youthful facial structure. This is because dermal fillers replace lost volume, as well as important hydration and nourishment.
- Providing more jawline definition- jawline dermal fillers can help to define the jawline which is effective for a more masculine square jaw line, or simply for improving facial structure.
Overall, dermal fillers in the lower parts of the face can be applied in a number of ways to achieve a range of different results. For more information about chin fillers, jaw fillers, or any other dermal filler options, get in touch with the professionals today, here at The Skin and Wellbeing Clinic