Wrinkles and lines are a natural part of the aging process, but that doesn’t mean we have to accept them as inevitable.
Aesthetics treatments can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and lines, giving your skin a smoother and more youthful appearance. Here are some of the best options for addressing wrinkles and lines:Book an appointment
Wrinkle relaxing injections
Wrinkle relaxing injections is a popular and effective treatment for reducing the appearance of wrinkles and lines. It works by temporarily paralyzing the muscles that cause wrinkles, giving your skin a smoother and more youthful appearance. This popular treatment is most commonly used to treat wrinkles on the forehead and around the eyes, but it can also be used to smooth out lines on the neck and other areas of the face.View Treatment
Dermal fillers are injectable substances that are used to plump up the skin, filling in wrinkles and lines to give your skin a smoother, more youthful appearance. There are many different types of dermal fillers available, including hyaluronic acid fillers, which are popular for their ability to hydrate and plump up the skin.View Treatment
Illumi Facial is a non-invasive treatment that uses laser energy to remove the outer layers of skin, revealing the smoother, healthier skin underneath. This treatment can be used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and lines, as well as other imperfections like scarring and hyperpigmentation.View Treatment
Microneedling is a treatment that uses a device with fine needles to create tiny punctures in the skin. This stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, which can help to smooth out wrinkles and lines. Microneedling can be combined with other treatments, like dermal fillers, to enhance its effectiveness.View Treatment
Overall, there are many effective options for treating wrinkles and lines
So be sure to consult with a qualified aesthetician or dermatologist to determine the best treatment plan for your individual needs. With the right treatment, you can achieve smoother, more youthful-looking skin.Book an appointment
More about Wrinkles and Lines
Wrinkles and lines are a part of aging that unfortunately everybody will experience at some stage in life. They are unpreventable and, although everybody’s skin ages at different rates and severities, are inevitable to us all. There are two main types of wrinkles and lines:-
- Dynamic Wrinkles – lines caused by repeated facial movements (such as smiling and frowning), which over time form permanent creases in the skin. These tend to become most visible on the forehead and around the eyes and mouth.
- Static Wrinkles – lines that are caused from the skin losing elasticity and collagen (which occurs when we age), causing less structure to the skin which, with the help of gravity, eventually leads folds and sagging. These tend to be most visible in the lower face and neck, such as the cheeks and corners of the mouth sagging/folding.
What else can we do about wrinkles and lines?
Unfortunately we are all destined to get wrinkles and lines on our face as we age, but there are many ways to help delay the process and reduce the depth of wrinkles, which are best to be followed before permanent wrinkles and lines are formed.
- Daily sun protection – Alot of visible skin aging is caused by sun damage. The damage caused to the skin by UV exposure causes collagen and elastin to break down which leads to sagging and wrinkles. Use a minimum SPF 30 to exposed areas of skin even on cloudy dull days.
- Quit smoking! – Smoking is a big factor in causing creases and dull complexion because it effects the bodies ability to circulate oxygen to the skin, which it needs to heal and form healthy skin cells. The repetitive movement of the lips pursing around a cigarette also causes many creases around the mouth.
- Eat a balanced diet – full of vitamins and antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables, and drink plenty water to keep skin hydrated.
- Reduce stress – stress causes a release of Cortisol in the body, which if regularly occurs can break down collagen and elastin leading to sagging. Ways of reducing Cortisol include exercising and getting enough quality sleep.
The above are just a few factors that contribute to the formation of lines and wrinkles but ultimately there is a huge range of factors all contributing in different ways that cause peoples skin to age the way it does.
Although lines and wrinkles are unpreventable, they ARE treatable. The appearance of lines and wrinkles on the face can be reduced and improved with a number of cosmetic treatments.
We offer all these treatments at the Skin and Wellbeing Clinic. For more information on these treatments check out the treatments section of the website.