As we head into 2022, you might be making some new year resolutions to help achieve your goals. In terms of skincare, there are a number of effective and popular goals you could consider for the new year.
Top 3 skincare resolutions for 2022
Some of the most common skincare resolutions for the New Year include:
- Keeping the skin hydrated – hydration is essential for the healthy function of skin cells and tissue. Skin that isn’t well hydrated is likely to feel tighter, itchier and drier. Skin can even become flaky and scaly as well as irritated. To keep your skin well hydrated you should consider drinking plenty of water and using a hydrating moisturizer that contains hyaluronic acid.
- Keeping the skin nourished- not only does your skin tissue need to be well hydrated, it also needs to be nourished too. Skin that has enough nourishment can be more resilient against the temperature changes that commonly cause a range of issues in the winter, and will also have a healthy, natural glow. To make sure that your skin is well nourished you will need to consider drinking plenty of water, eating whole foods and using natural ingredients in your face masks.
- Sticking to a skincare routine- To make sure that your skin stays healthy all year round, you should consider making a skincare routine plan, and sticking to it. This can help you stay in the natural rhythm that will help you get the most success from long term, repeated, skincare practices.
Aesthetic tweakments that can help achieve your skincare goals
There are a number of small Aesthetic treatments you could consider to help keep your skin healthy and glowing throughout the new year. Because these are small, and make small changes to the skin, they are often referred to as tweakments. These tweakments include:
- Mesotherapy– mesotherapy is a popular aesthetic treatment that involves using superfine needles to deliver vitamins, minerals and complex nourishment directly to your skin cells. Because this uses superfine needles, the injection can be delivered into the lower layers of skin, right where it is needed most. This is a great option for nourishing your skin cells and promoting healthy skin.
- Dermaplaning– using a surgical scalpel, dermaplaning is a treatment that involves removing fine hairs from the face, as well as dead skin cells clogging the top layer of skin. This can be a fantastic treatment for resolving dry skin patches and uneven skin textures, and this can even help your topical facial treatments be more effective, by allowing these to be better absorbed by the skin. As a result, this can be very helpful as part of your skin hydrating routine.
- Microneedling– this is an aesthetic treatment that involves puncturing the skin with many tiny needles. This action allows for deep skin rejuvenation that can leave your skin glowing. This process also induces the production of collagen which is very important for skin health.
Here at the Skin and Wellbeing Clinic we can offer a range of aesthetic procedures and smaller tweakments in line with your skincare goals for the New Year. As Preston’s leading aesthetic practitioners we offer top quality, professional treatments, delivered by qualified, registered professionals. Why not get in touch today to find out more?