Here at The Skin and Wellbeing clinic, we are Preston’s leading aesthetic treatment providers, and we offer a range of aesthetic procedures, including dermal filler treatments, as well as fat dissolving injections and laser hair removal. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about laser hair removal for the bikini line.
Why should you choose laser hair removal for the bikini line?
There are a number of reasons to choose laser hair removal for the bikini line. These include:
- No more ingrown hairs – ingrown hairs can be painful and uncomfortable, and can really knock your confidence, especially on the bikini line. These are bumps under the skin that can swell, and are often caused by curly or coarse hair caught under the top layer of skin, which occurs after shaving and waxing. With laser hair removal you will not need to worry about ingrown hairs because this type of hair removal directly destroys hair cells and follicles without damaging the outer layer of skin.
- No need to let the hair grow – when waxing the bikini line area it is often important to allow the hair to grow before waxing again. This can be awkward, and it can mean that you need to schedule your gym swimming and bikini sessions around your waxing schedule. However with laser hair removal treatment this is not necessary at all and you can enjoy being hair free all of the time.
- Permanent hair removal – laser hair removal treatment is the only hair removal option that offers a permanent solution. By destroying hair follicles at different stages of the growth cycle, the hair will stop growing back at all. This means that you can enjoy being hair free permanently, and you won’t need to worry about shaving or waxing the bikini line again.
What do you need to know about laser hair removal for the bikini line?
There are several things to bear in mind when it comes to laser hair removal treatment for the bikini line. These include:
- Gaps between sessions- for most laser hair removal treatments you will need a 6 week gap between treatments. This is because the laser hair removal process targets the hair follicles within the skin and disrupts the growth process. To permanently remove hair, the growth cycle needs to be interrupted at different stages each time and a 6-week gap can be the perfect solution.
- 6 treatment sessions- usually to remove hair from the bikini line permanently, 6 different treatment sessions will be needed. You will start to see an improvement and difference probably before this point, but for permanent results and hair that does not grow back 6 treatments or more are usually necessary.
- Sunburn sunbeds and fake tan- traditionally, the advice was to not sunbathe before your laser hair removal treatment, but now with new technology, laser hair removal targets the hair follicle deep within the skin which means that it’s OK to sun bathe naturally. However laser hair removal cannot be performed on sunburnt skin. You should also avoid using sunbeds for between 10 and 14 days before your laser hair removal appointment, and all traces of fake tan should be removed before your session too. This is because the IPL targets contrast between the hair follicle and the skin, and when the skin is artificially tanned it can be more difficult to recognise this contrast, meaning that the laser hair removal treatment will be less successful.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the team today, here at the Skin and Wellbeing Clinic.
The Skin and Wellbeing Clinic is proud to provide professional aesthetics treatments for clients in Preston, Blackpool, Leyland, Chorley, Kirkham, Blackburn and the North West of England.