Providing high quality, professional aesthetic procedures, like dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections, is something we excel at, here at the Skin and Wellbeing Clinic in Preston. Our anti-wrinkle injections are the most popular treatment we provide, and around the globe, these injections are the most effective and successful anti-ageing treatment option. But to get the most out of your anti-wrinkle injections, you will need to follow the aftercare instructions. So how important is aftercare for anti-wrinkle injections? And why is it so important?
Aftercare for anti-wrinkle injections
Anti-wrinkle injections involve injecting your skin with a toxin that can effect the movement of the muscles. So although this is not a treatment option that requires invasive surgery, and although you can go straight back to work, there are some aftercare steps that you should follow. These include avoiding strenuous exercise for the first 24 hours, and avoiding smoking and alcohol. For full details about anti-wrinkle injection aftercare, check out our dedicated aftercare page.
How important is aftercare for anti-wrinkle injections?
So, how important is it to follow this aftercare advice? Well, the short answer is very. In fact, strict aftercare procedures can bring a range of benefits, including:
- Reducing the risk of complications or problems- While we can ensure that your injections and the procedure itself runs smoothly, what you do afterwards can still have an effect on the overall result. Especially as it can take up to 14 days to see the final, complete effect of the anti-wrinkle injections. Following the aftercare instructions can prevent any complications or issues from developing, so you will be fully satisfied with the results.
- Reduce the swelling and bruising- after anti-wrinkle injections have been administered, it’s normal to see some slight swelling and bruising. This will normally subside between 24 and 48 hours, although it can last longer for some people. However, this bruising is likely to last even longer if you don’t follow the aftercare advice, and this could even disguise the positive physical effects of the treatment.
- Preventing the substance from moving- if you follow the aftercare advice, it is much less likely that your anti-wrinkle injections will effect any other muscles in close proximity. Instead, it will stay where it should be and you will see high quality results.
Complications from not following aftercare advice
Aftercare advice can be crucial for achieving the best possible results from your anti-wrinkle injections. And if you don’t follow this advice, some complications can occur, including:
- Drooping eyelids- if the toxin in the anti-wrinkle injections moves to the eyelid muscle, from the brows, you could end up with a drooping eyelid. This can have a negative impact on your self esteem and confidence.
- Asymmetrical brows- if the toxin moves from the injected site after forehead line, eyebrow lift, or frown line treatment, you could end up with one permanently raised eyebrow, and one that is not.
Both of these will be temporary, until the effects of the anti-wrinkle injections wear off, but it’s certainly not ideal. These complications can be completely avoided by following the simple aftercare instructions.
For professional anti-wrinkle injections, administered by qualified, registered nurses, get in touch with the team today, here at The Skin and Wellbeing Clinic.