When it comes to looking younger, society has never been more interested in the treatments that can make this happen. From Botox injections to dermal fillers and chemical peels, there are a number of non-invasive, safe and effective treatment options that can help to maintain or restore your youthful appearance. But these treatments don’t just help fight the signs of ageing. In fact, dermal fillers are used regularly by an increasingly younger audience. But why? Well, dermal fillers can be used to enhance the appearance and the shape of the face in a number of key areas, including the lips and cheeks. But what are cheek fillers? And what are the advantages of cheek enhancement? Well, here at The Skin and Wellbeing Clinic in Preston, we are leading dermal filler experts. And this is our guide to everything you should know about cheek enhancement.
What is cheek enhancement?
Cheek enhancement, or cheek fillers, are a great way to improve the appearance of your cheek bones. If you have sallow or hollow cheeks, or your skin is losing elasticity as you age, cheek fillers can provide a temporary, effective solution.
Cheek enhancement works by injecting the cheek filler material directly into your soft tissue across target areas. This is often hyaluronic acid or collagen. Both of these are substances that are found naturally in the human body, that often deplete as we age. Restoring these to your tissue can have a hydrating and revitalising effect, as well enhancing your cheek bones.
What are the advantages of cheek enhancement?
So, what are the advantages of cheek enhancement? And what can you expect from the treatment? Well, there are several benefits, including:
- Improved facial contours – cheek fillers will enhance the volume and the appearance of your cheek bones, transforming your facial structure and improving the facial contours.
- Facial symmetry – cheek fillers can help your face appear more symmetrical, a physical/visual trait that is currently highly sought after.
- Looking younger – high cheekbones and an attractive facial profile will help you look younger. This is because, our skin loses volume as we age, and cheek fillers can replace this missing volume.
- Hydrating skin – hyaluronic acid and collagen are both natural substances found in every human body. When these are reduced, due to the natural aging process, your skin can lose its shine, and hydration. So, injecting these directly into the target areas can restore moisture and leave your skin radiant.
As with any treatment, there are some considerations to bear in mind. These include:
- The possible side effects – dermal fillers are a safe and tested treatment option. You may notice some redness or bruising but this will fade within a few days.
- Temporary treatment – another thing to bear in mind is that fillers are not permanent. Over time the natural injectables will be absorbed by your body, so top ups will be required. Different treatment options last for a different amount of time, so discuss this with the professionals.
For more information or advice about cheek enhancement treatment, and other anti-aging treatments, get in touch with Preston’s leading experts today, here at The Skin and Wellbeing Clinic.