When it comes to anti-ageing treatments, we offer a range of options here at The Skin and Wellbeing Clinic. As Preston’s leading aesthetic practitioners, we provide a wide variety of aesthetic procedures, including anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers. In fact, these are two of our most popular procedures. But there are a range of dermal filler options to choose from, including chin, jaw, cheek and even nose fillers. But what are nose fillers? And what are the considerations for using dermal fillers to reshape the nose?
What are nose fillers?
Otherwise known as non-surgical nose reshaping, or non-surgical rhinoplasty, nose fillers involve gently sculpting and reshaping the nose using dermal fillers instead of surgery. So, while an overnight stay in the hospital and long recovery period used to be the normal routine for nose shaping, it can now be completed with less risk, and minimal recovery time.
How can dermal fillers help to reshape the nose?
So, how exactly do nose fillers work? Well, dermal fillers are injections of hyaluronic acid. This is a substance naturally found in the skin, that depletes as we age. It’s role is to provide hydration and nourishment to areas of the skin, and this leads to skin with volume, shape and glow.
For nose reshaping, areas that are targeted with the dermal filler injections will slightly increase in volume, in a natural and subtle way. This means that any bumps, or unevenness, and even the shape of your nose can be altered in line with the natural contours and scaffold of your face.
The aim of this procedure is to resolve any issues with nose shape or structure, including those caused by an accident or injury, scarring, or ageing.
What are the considerations for using dermal fillers to reshape the nose?
Using dermal fillers to reshape the nose is a quick procedure with minimal recovery time. You can simply walk out of the clinic and get back to your day. But there are some things you should consider, including:
- lack of permanence – the hyaluronic acid injected into your nose will be utilised by your body over time. This means that in 6 to 12 months, you will need to repeat the procedure.
- procedure risks – just because this is a non-surgical procedure doesn’t mean that it is risk free. You should only ever choose a professional for all of your dermal filler procedures.
What are the advantages of using dermal fillers to reshape the nose?
So, what are the advantages of nose reshaping fillers, as opposed to a surgical procedure? Well, there are several, including:
- quick procedure that takes between 30 and 60 minutes so no more overnight hospital stay!
- minimal recovery time, so you can get back to your normal routine
- natural, subtle results in line with your facial shape and bone structure
- safe procedure with minimal risk when carried out by a professional, registered clinic
For more information or to book a consultation, get in touch with the team today, here at The Skin and Wellbeing Clinic.