Whether you’re in your twenties or thirties, or your fifties and sixties, aesthetic procedures can be very effective. From Botox and dermal fillers, to chemical peels and dermaplaning, aesthetic procedures can help you maintain your youthful appearance, while improving your self confidence too. So what type of aesthetic procedures should you opt for, at different ages? Well, here at The Skin and Wellbeing Clinic, we are Preston’s leading aesthetic providers. We offer a range of high quality treatments, including anti-wrinkle injections and micro needling, all delivered by qualified, registered nurses. And this is our guide to the best aesthetic procedures for all ages.
Does age matter?
When it comes to aesthetic procedures, does your age really matter? Well, for the best possible results and outcomes, it is definitely something to take into consideration. This is because as skin ages, it goes through complex structural changes, such as losing elastin and collagen. Understanding these processes can help to identify how old your skin is, which is particularly helpful for tackling premature ageing. This then allows you to make a more informed decision about any procedures you opt for, and helps to predict expected outcomes too.
So, what are the most effective aesthetic procedures for people of different ages? Well, here are some general guidelines:
- 20’s- in your 20’s you should be thinking about beginning a long term skin care regimen. Collagen boosting treatments like micro needling and dermafix procedures can be very beneficial at this stage, for ensuring your skin has all the nutrients it needs. At this age, some people also opt for dermal fillers for cheeks and lips.
- 30’s- in your 30’s you may be considering Botox or anti-wrinkle injections to start preventative measures against fine lines and wrinkles forming. Regular anti-wrinkle injections can make a big difference to the formation of expression lines in particular. They can also help to target fine lines and small wrinkles that may be forming. Chemical peels can also be a good option for brightening skin tone, increasing skin tightening and improving the overall skin tone and texture.
- 40’s- in your 40’s you might consider dermal fillers for adding structure and strength to facial features that might be effected by changes to your skin structure and collagen levels. You might also consider anti-wrinkle injections to remove and prevent wrinkles and expression lines.
- 50’s- in your 50’s you might notice issues with sagging skin, and this means that dermal fillers, particularly around the jawline can be a great option for strengthening the lower half of the face, and helping your face maintain a good structure.
- 60’s- in your 60’s, anti-wrinkle injections can be used effectively to treat upper lip lines and to prevent the mouth corners from down turning, causing marionette lines.
Why not get in touch with our experienced and highly skilled staff today, here at The Skin and Wellbeing Clinic, for a range of professional aesthetic procedures, tailored for you?