When it comes to anti-ageing treatments, there has never been more available options to choose from. However, surgical options can be out of the price range for many people, who also may not want to risk serious complications and a long recovery time. That’s why non-surgical solutions are growing in popularity. So how can you fight the signs of ageing without surgery? Well, here at The Skin and Wellbeing Clinic, we are Preston’s leading aesthetic practitioners. And we offer a wide range of aesthetic procedures designed to tackle the signs of ageing, without surgery.
What are the signs of ageing?
So, first of all, what are the signs of ageing that can be prevented or reduced with aesthetic procedures? Well, there are several, including:
- Lines and wrinkles– these most commonly effect skin around the eyes, mouth and forehead, and can make you look older than you are. These are the number one age related issue for the majority of our clients.
- Sagging skin- skin around the lower half of the face can begin to sag as we age. This is more common around the jawline, and under the eyes, and this occurs when the face loses volume.
- Dull complexion/changing skin tone- as part of the ageing process, the amount of nutrients and hydration available to different levels of the skin reduces, and this leads to a dull, tired complexion.
Fight the signs of ageing without surgery
For all of these signs of ageing, and more, aesthetic procedures offer a range of effective solutions, without going under the knife. These include:
- anti-wrinkle injections– these are designed to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the face. Anti-wrinkle injections are also known as Botox.
- dermal fillers– these are effective for adding volume to areas of the face, and building facial structure.
- chemical peels– a chemical peel triggers deep exfoliation which can allow your skin to be rejuvenated, brightening your complexion.
Lines and wrinkles
Lines and wrinkles develop over time, with increased facial movement and expression forming. Anti-wrinkle injections involve injecting a neurotoxin into certain facial muscles to restrict movement. This allows the face to reset, to its natural position, and allows skin to smooth out and return to its original position. As a result, these can be a very effective way to tackle lines and wrinkles, especially around the eyes and forehead.
Anti-wrinkle injections can also be an effective preventative treatment to prevent wrinkles and lines from forming in the first place.
As we age, our facial fat pads become depleted, and we lose collagen. These are two factors that are essential to the structure of the face, and any loss, however small, can result in skin that is pulled down lower than it should be. Dermal fillers can rectify this by replacing the lost collagen with hyaluronic acid, a natural hydrating substance found in the skin. This can increase the volume of the skin, smooth out the skin, and help prevent skin from sagging.
For more information or advice about how to maintain a youthful appearance without surgery, get in touch with the team today, here at The Skin and Wellbeing Clinic.