Our skin undergoes many changes as part of the natural ageing process. These changes often result in numerous changes to the appearance of the face, including the development of fine lines and wrinkles, sagging skin and uneven skin tones. Anti-ageing treatments, designed to prevent and reverse these facial changes are incredibly popular, and increasingly effective. From anti-ageing injections, to chemical peels, there are a number of treatment options available. These include mesotherapy. And this is a treatment option we are proud to offer, here at The Skin and Wellbeing Clinic in Preston. So, what is mesotherapy? And how does mesotherapy combat the signs of ageing?
What is mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy is a non invasive treatment that involves a series of injections. These injections are incredibly fine, and specifically target the mesodermal layer of the skin. However, instead of injecting a neuro-toxin like Botox, these injections deliver a combination of vitamins, minerals and amino acids. This can nourish, hydrate and rejuvenate the skin, while also promoting the growth of collagen and elastin.
What are the common signs of ageing?
Ageing is a natural process that many of us understandably want to put off for as long as possible. This has led to a big increase in the number and variety of anti-ageing treatments. But what are the signs of ageing that treatments including mesotherapy are aiming to prevent or reduce? Well, there are several, including:
- fine lines and wrinkles- losing elastin in the skin means that the skin is no longer as elastic as it once was. As a result, when forming a facial expression, the skin will move with the muscle, but may not move back, creating small lines and channels.
- Age spots- changes in skin pigmentation can occur for a variety of reasons, which often have little to do with age, including UV exposure, acne scars and sun beds. But when combined with other signs of aging, and with no other cause, these pigmentation changes are often called age spots. It is thought that the behaviour of pigmentation cells changes over time, resulting in these age spots.
- Sagging skin- as we age, we also lose collagen. This is the natural substance that adds volume to the face. As a result, our skin becomes less firm, and will begin to sag. This can create hollows under the eyes, or sagging in areas like the cheeks and jaw.
So, how does mesotherapy combat the signs of ageing?
So, how can mesotherapy be used to combat these, and other signs of ageing? Well, mesotherapy is particularly effective, as it can:
- Promote the growth of more collagen- by producing more collagen naturally, your face will look younger. This is because the collagen will plump out the face, reducing sagging and creating a firmer, fuller look. The collagen can also fill out the channels and lines created by expressions over time, and this will drastically reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Promote the growth of more elastin- by producing more elastin, your skin will become more flexible again, and once the collagen has replaced the lines, your skin will be less likely to follow the channels again.
Why not get in touch with the professionals today, for more information or to book an appointment, here at The Skin and Wellbeing Clinic.