Every human in the world has an asymmetrical face. This means that the features are not quite symmetrical, one side to another. However, for some people facial asymmetry can be more noticeable, and this can have a knock on effect on confidence and mental health. Dermal fillers can be used to help reduce asymmetry. But how? Well, here at the Skin and Wellbeing Clinic, we are Preston’s leading providers of dermal fillers, and a host of other skincare facial treatments including anti-wrinkle injections and chemical peels. This is our guide to everything you should know about facial asymmetry and dermal fillers.
What causes facial asymmetry?
Facial asymmetry can be caused by a number of things, including:
- Genetics – prominent facial features can run in families, and this can include facial asymmetry
- Ageing – losing volume in the face is something that can occur as a natural part of the ageing process. This can be most noticeable under the eyes and on the cheeks.
- Lifestyle factors – chewing predominantly on one side, sleeping predominantly on one side, and smoking and sun damage can all change the shape of your face.
- Dentition – extractions, veneers and dentures all play a major role in how the muscles lay over the top, and this can cause facial asymmetry.
For many types of facial asymmetry, dermal fillers can help a great deal. This can include:
- Cheek fillers – adding volume to your cheeks can help to reduce the appearance of any asymmetry by reshaping one side of your face to more closely resemble the other. This can be very helpful for facial asymmetry cause by ageing or by dentistry.
- Lip fillers – if your lips are uneven, or unbalanced, with one side being larger than the other, you could consider lip fillers. Lip fillers can add volume to the site of the injection, and small amounts can be used to add shape and symmetry to your lips.
- Jaw fillers – facial asymmetry caused by chewing or sleeping often effect the jaw. And dermal fillers can be very effective for rectifying any imbalances in the jawline, by adding volume and re-contouring.
Advantages of using dermal fillers
So, what kind of advantages can you expect from using dermal fillers? Well, there are several, including:
- Temporary solution – dermal fillers are temporary, being absorbed by the body over time. They can even be dissolved instantly if you really are not happy with the outcome. This means that dermal fillers will not permanently change your face, so this can be reapplied as you age, to match any changes you experience over the years. In contrast, surgical options will not be able to change as you age.
- Quick process– the dermal filler procedure is quick and easy with instant results. And there is no downtime required at all, so you can get on with the rest of your day.
- Natural results – here at the Skin and Wellbeing clinic we are trained, qualified and registered professionals. So you can rest assured that your dermal fillers will be subtle and natural looking, providing professional, high quality results.
For more information or advice, why not book a consultation today, here at the Skin and Wellbeing Clinic?