Here at The Skin and Wellbeing Clinic in Preston, we are leading aesthetic practitioners. From fat dissolving injections to micro-needling and dermal fillers, we provide a range of aesthetic treatment options to suit you and your specific requirements. These include chemical peels, which can be a great option for reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. But how does this work? And why should you opt for a chemical peel?
What is a chemical peel?
A chemical peel is a facial treatment option that involves applying a layer of acid to the skin. This is heavily diluted, but is still effective enough to remove the outer layer of skin cells, as well as dirt and debris. By removing the old skin cells, you can promote the rejuvenation and growth of new skin cells. This can be very effective for:
- tackling uneven skin tones
- removing sun spots or age spots
- tightening pores
- reducing the appearance of fine lines, expression lines, and wrinkles
How can chemical peels reduce the appearance of wrinkles?
Chemical peels can tackle lines, wrinkles and expression lines in a number of ways, including:
- Removing the outer layer of skin – most fine lines and expression lines are only formed within the outermost layers of skin because these are the layers that are pulled into position by muscle movement and activity. And they are also the layers that are most exposed to dehydration and lack of nutrition. As a result, by applying a chemical peel you can be sure to remove these outermost layers, and dramatically reduce the appearance of these wrinkles, if not removing them altogether.
- Promoting new skin cell growth – as we age, the process of shedding old skin cells and producing new ones slows down a lot. In fact, skin renewal actually decreases by about 7% every 10 years. This can lead to outer layers of skin losing condition over time, as well as amplifying the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. By using a chemical peel to promote new skin cell growth, you can be sure that your skin will be much younger, and smoother as a result. This is because the new skin cells will be even in texture and tone, and will also be better hydrated and healthier all round due to the exfoliation process.
What are the advantages of choosing a chemical peel to tackle wrinkles?
Chemical peels have been effectively reducing the appearance of wrinkles since the mid 80’s, although you will be pleased to note that practices have improved a great deal since then. But why have chemical peels remained popular for decades? And why should you choose a chemical peel for removing lines and wrinkles? Well, there are a number of reasons, including:
- Minimal downtime. After a chemical peel you can continue with your daily routine (with some precautions, i.e no swimming).
- Fast procedure. Chemical peels do not take long to reply, in fact, they are sometimes referred to as lunchtime peels for that exact reason.
- Safe procedure. Choose a professional team like us here at The Skin and Wellbeing Clinic and you can be sure of a safe procedure and treatment that will have incredibly effective results.
For more information about professional, high quality chemical peels in Preston, get in touch with the team today, here at The Skin and Wellbeing Clinic.