A radiant, smooth and even complexion is something that many people strive to achieve. And complexion issues and imperfections can have a negative impact on facial appearance, as well as self esteem and confidence. But a chemical peel could be the perfect solution. So how does this work? And how can chemical peels improve complexion issues? Well, here at The Skin and Wellbeing Clinic in Preston, we are leading aesthetic practitioners, providing a range of aesthetic treatments and procedures including dermal fillers and anti- wrinkle treatments, as well as chemical peels. And this is our guide to everything you should know about how chemical peels can be used to to transform skin complexion.
What are chemical peels?
Chemical peels are an effective and popular aesthetic procedure that involve applying a controlled acidic substance to the face, before removing this again. On application, this substance can remove dead skin cells, and trigger a deep exfoliation process. This triggers the skin cells to rejuvenate and regrow, so that the new skin will create a smoother, more even, and younger looking complexion.
There are a range of chemical peel options available, and these will help to target specific complexion issues within different layers of the skin. As a result, you should always consult with a qualified, professional team to help select the right treatment choice for your skin, to ensure the best possible results.
Chemical peels and complexion issues
There are a number of complexion issues that can be effectively treated with the right chemical peel. These include:
- acne – chemical peels can help improve acneic or blemished skin with long lasting, positive results
- rosacea – low concentration chemical peels are frequently used to treat the redness and the dilated blood vessels associated with rosacea
- sun spots and uneven skin tone – although damage from the sun can be particularly dangerous, sun spots, or small areas of discoloured skin can be treated effectively with chemical peels
How can chemical peels improve complexion issues?
Chemical peels can improve complexion issues in a number of ways, including:
- Removing the outer layer of skin – by removing the outer layer of skin cells, those that have been damaged by the sun, or that are effected by an uneven skin tone can be replaced with new, even skin cells
- Being suitable for sensitive skin – some types of chemical peel are gentle enough to work effectively with very sensitive skin so you wont need to worry about skin irritation
- Increasing collagen production – collagen is an important part of cells around the body, providing structure and volume to the skin and helping to keep skin healthy. A loss of volume can lead to fine lines and wrinkles as well as an uneven skin texture and tone. Chemical peels stimulate collagen production, so your skin will look radiant and younger for longer.
For more information or advice about which chemical peel you should choose, get in touch with the professionals today, here at The Skin and Wellbeing Clinic.