Here at The Skin and Wellbeing Clinic, we are Preston’s leading aesthetic practitioners. We offer a range of services and treatments, including a variety of dermal filler options, as well as laser hair removal and chemical peels. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about the advantages of underarm laser hair removal.
What are the benefits of laser hair removal for underarm hair?
There are a number of advantages and benefits to choosing laser hair removal to tackle underarm hair. These benefits include:
- Softer underarm skin- with laser hair removal, you can be sure of softer underarm skin after just a few sessions. Not only is this more comfortable and pleasant for you, but it also removes the visible dark shadow under the arm, helping to improve confidence and self esteem.
- Reducing ingrown hairs- ingrown hairs under the arm can be irritating and uncomfortable. These occur when curlier hairs become trapped under the skin, causing swellings and bumps that can even painful. When shaving or waxing, these can easily become infected too. Laser hair removal can prevent this issue from occurring, by destroying and removing hair cells in closely targeted areas, including the under arm.
- Preventing rashes and razor burn- shaving and waxing are both hair removal processes that can really take their toll on the skin, especially under the arm. This is because when either waxing or shaving, the top layers of skin are removed, along with the hair follicle. This causes damage to the skin layers creating skin irritations. With laser hair removal, the hair follicle is targeted specifically within the skin, destroying this, without damaging the skin too, leading to smooth and vibrant hairless skin.
- No more daily shaving- if you need to shave your under arms daily, or multiple times a week not only does this eat into your leisure time, but it also means that you might be less likely to do something like go to the gym or go swimming sporadically. With laser hair removal, you can be ready for anything, any time, and you will never have to shave your under arms again!
- Permanent results- best of all, when using laser hair removal for underarm hair you can achieve permanent hair removal results. This is because laser hair removal uses Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) to target hair cells and follicles within the skin within a targeted area This strong light source damages the hair follicle within the skin, and this in turn causes disruption to the hair growth cycle. When this is repeated over the course of a few sessions, the hair will not grow back at all. In the long term, this can help you save money on repeated hair removal processes like waxing and shaving, and it means you wont need to worry about unwanted underarm hair again.
For more information or advice, get in touch with the team today here at The Skin and Wellbeing Clinic.